Presentation at ASCO Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancers Symposium 2020
- CRESCENT 1 is an investigator-initiated Phase 1 trial of CYT001 in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. The outline of the trial was presented by Dr. Sadahisa Ogasawara (Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University) at ASCO Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancers Symposium held January 23-25, 2020, in San Francisco, USA.
- Anti-PD-1 antibody has shown notable clinical effects in some of advanced cancer patients, but its overall efficacy is still limited. Average response rate is around 20%, except for some specific cancer types, and various combinations are being tested. Among non-responders to anti-PD-1 drug are the patients having “Cold tumor”, where cytotoxic T cells are not reached tumor sites. From the nature of cancer vaccine in activating cytotoxic T cells, the combination of anti-PD-1 drug and vaccine is expected to show efficacy in certain patients not responding to anti-PD-1 drug alone. CRESCENT 1 is a step toward such combination use. CYTLIMIC is continuing its efforts to advance the development of novel cancer vaccine in order to extend the horizon of cancer treatments.
- Abstract titles and authors are:
Title: Phase 1 study of a new concept cancer vaccine composed artiﬁcial intelligence (AI)-designed shared-antigen peptides plus combined synergistically activating antigen-speciﬁc CTL reaction (CYT001) in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (CRESCENT 1)
- Authors: Sadahisa Ogasawara1, Hiroaki Kanzaki1, Keisuke Koroki1, Kengo Kanayama1, Susumu Maruta1, Kazufumi Kobayashi1, Souichiro Kiyono1, Masato Nakamura1, Naoya Kanogawa1, Takayuki Kondo1, Eiichiro Suzuki1, Yoshihiko Ooka1, Shingo Nakamoto1, Akinobu Tawada1, Tetsuhiro Chiba1, Makoto Arai1, Hiroyuki Nakada2, Nobuko Yamaguchi2, Hideki Hanaoka3, Naoya Kato1
- Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan.
- Translational Research and Development Center, Chiba University Hospital, Chiba, Japan.
- Clinical Research Centre, Chiba University Hospital, Chiba, Japan.
- CRESCENT1 Trial：Phase 1 trial of CYT001 in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma, jRCT registration: jRCT2031190072, https://jrct.niph.go.jp/en-latest-detail/jRCT2031190072)